Hour

Tagged: 

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Me 3 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

Me
    Keymaster

Not necessarily an hour (one 12th of the day) but could be a “period of time”.

hōra
    Pronunciation hō’-rä (Key)
    Part of Speech feminine noun
    Root Word (Etymology) Apparently a primary word
    Vine’s Expository Dictionary: View Entry
    TDNT Reference: 9:675,1355
    Outline of Biblical Usage
    a certain definite time or season fixed by natural law and returning with the revolving year
    of the seasons of the year, spring, summer, autumn, winter
    the daytime (bounded by the rising and setting of the sun), a day
    a twelfth part of the day-time, an hour, (the twelve hours of the day are reckoned from the rising to the setting of the sun)
    any definite time, point of time, moment
    KJV Translation Count — Total: 108x The KJV translates Strongs G5610 in the following manner: hour (89x), time (11x), season (3x), misc (5x).

Matthew 20 “For the kingdom of heaven is like a landowner who went out early in the morning to hire laborers for his vineyard. 2 When he had agreed with the laborers for a denarius for the day, he sent them into his vineyard.

This is the “hired workers” (fallen angels) who are caring for God’s creation!

Matthew 20:3 And he went out about the third hour and saw others standing idle in the market place;

Matthew 20:5 Again he went out about the sixth and the ninth hour, and did the same thing.
    God goes out and finds more and more it the “marketplace” (human bodies) to work in his vineyard. These are believers.

Matthew 20:6-7 And about the eleventh hour he went out and found others standing around; and he *said to them, ‘Why have you been standing here idle all day long?’ 7 They *said to him, ‘Because no one hired us.’ He *said to them, ‘You go into the vineyard too.’

Matthew 26:40 And He *came to the disciples and *found them sleeping, and *said to Peter, “So, you men could not keep watch with Me for one hour?

Mark 15:25 And it was the third hour when they crucified him.

Matthew 27:45 Now from the sixth hour darkness fell upon all the land until the ninth hour.
    3 hours of darkness from the 6th hour until the 9th hour.

Luke 23:44-45 It was now about the sixth hour, and there was darkness over the whole land until the ninth hour, 45 while the sun’s light failed. And the curtain of the temple was torn in two.

Amos 8:9 “And on that day,” declares the Lord God,
    “I will make the sun go down at noon
    and darken the earth in broad daylight.
    Noon is the “6th hour”.

Mark 15:33-34 And when the sixth hour had come, there was darkness over the whole land until the ninth hour. 34 And at the ninth hour Jesus cried with a loud voice, “Eloi, Eloi, lema sabachthani?” which means, “My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?”

Revelation 9:2 He opened the shaft of the bottomless pit, and from the shaft rose smoke like the smoke of a great furnace, and the sun and the air were darkened with the smoke from the shaft.

Revelation 8:12 The fourth angel blew his trumpet, and a third of the sun was struck, and a third of the moon, and a third of the stars, so that a third of their light might be darkened, and a third of the day might be kept from shining, and likewise a third of the night.
    What does this mean? Is the third part of the day or is it part of people?

Isaiah 50:3 I clothe the heavens with blackness
    and make sackcloth their covering.”

Exodus 10:12-29 Then the Lord said to Moses, “Stretch out your hand over the land of Egypt for the locusts, that they may come up on the land of Egypt and eat every plant of the land, even all that the hail has left.” 13 So Moses stretched out his staff over the land of Egypt, and the Lord directed an east wind on the land all that day and all that night; and when it was morning, the east wind brought the locusts. 14 The locusts came up over all the land of Egypt and settled in all the territory of Egypt; they were very numerous. There had never been so many locusts, nor would there be so many again. 15 For they covered the surface of the whole land, so that the land was darkened; and they ate every plant of the land and all the fruit of the trees that the hail had left. Thus nothing green was left on tree or plant of the field through all the land of Egypt. 16 Then Pharaoh hurriedly called for Moses and Aaron, and he said, “I have sinned against the Lord your God and against you. 17 Now therefore, please forgive my sin only this once, and make supplication to the Lord your God, that He would only remove this death from me.” 18 He went out from Pharaoh and made supplication to the Lord. 19 So the Lord shifted the wind to a very strong west wind which took up the locusts and drove them into the Red Sea; not one locust was left in all the territory of Egypt. 20 But the Lord hardened Pharaoh’s heart, and he did not let the sons of Israel go.
    21 Then the Lord said to Moses, “Stretch out your hand toward the sky, that there may be darkness over the land of Egypt, even a darkness which may be felt.” 22 So Moses stretched out his hand toward the sky, and there was thick darkness in all the land of Egypt for three days. 23 They did not see one another, nor did anyone rise from his place for three days, but all the sons of Israel had light in their dwellings. 24 Then Pharaoh called to Moses, and said, “Go, serve the Lord; only let your flocks and your herds be detained. Even your little ones may go with you.” 25 But Moses said, “You must also let us have sacrifices and burnt offerings, that we may sacrifice them to the Lord our God. 26 Therefore, our livestock too shall go with us; not a hoof shall be left behind, for we shall take some of them to serve the Lord our God. And until we arrive there, we ourselves do not know with what we shall serve the Lord.” 27 But the Lord hardened Pharaoh’s heart, and he was not willing to let them go. 28 Then Pharaoh said to him, “Get away from me! Beware, do not see my face again, for in the day you see my face you shall die!” 29 Moses said, “You are right; I shall never see your face again!”

John 12:23 And Jesus *answered them, saying, “The hour has come for the Son of Man to be glorified.

• This topic was modified 3 years, 3 months ago by  Me.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.